Wednesday, March 26, 2008

President Bill Clinton

On Tuesday, March 25, I had the opportunity to watch former President Bill Clinton give a speech in Frankfort. This was a rally to get supporters for his wife in Kentucky. Now, although I am not a Clinton supporter I wasn’t going to dog Hillary or protest against her, but I wanted to give him the chance to tell me why I should vote for her. I have to be honest with you, he was an excellent speaker, but he did not persuade me enough to vote for Hilary. President Clinton spent the first 15 minutes of his speech talking about how great it is to be a democrat. Now, I am not disagreeing with him, but I wanted him to get the crowd fired up and for him to jump straight into why I should give Hillary my vote. He didn’t do this; instead he focused on being a democrat and what happened in the 90’s. Now the 90’s for the most part was great, but we are in 2008, so let’s focus on how we are going to try and change the economy and the war we are currently in. I loved listening to him speak and thought he was an awesome speaker, I just wished that he would have focused more on Hillary and her campaign.

No comments: